Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hands Down Most Hilarious Excuse for Being a Dick Ever



So, I deal with the customer service for my local transit company on a regular basis. I have heard a lot of excuses from bus drivers or reasons why they were behaving like asshats, but the one I was given today was by far the most amusing yet.

The situation went down like this: I wear a knee brace; I need to have the bus lowered so that I can get on/off without pain. I have no problem asking for this, but lately, the drivers have developed a nasty habit of only lowering the bus halfway, leading to me having to ask twice. This happened recently with a driver, and I’d had enough for one day, so I called customer service. The supervisor called me back today to tell me that she had told him that there had been a fruit fly that she needed to kill, thus the need to stop pushing the button. She then told him that she had continued to lower the bus without my having to ask again. All lies… I definitely had to ask again, I didn’t see any fly, nor did I see her kill any fly. The supervisor responded to my statement that this was not how things had actually occurred with, “I HATE it when they lie to me.” I felt so bad for the guy… But, the driver’s excuse is definitely one to be remembered for the laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I think you properly shamed that bus driver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably did, but I only posted it because, having worked in customer service, I have an appreciation for hilarious excuses. It was just so ridiculous, you'd think it would have to be true.

      Delete